An overview of HR specialist job in a day
A career in Human Resources (HR) is very exciting with so many various elements that are present in the job. The individual who works in this job makes sure that the employer finds the right candidates who are well-qualified to meet the organization’s demands. They recruit candidates, review resumes, conduct interviews, and do background checks. They also inform applicants of their acceptance or rejection.
Seeking for the perfect fit employees is more than just looking for someone who is a degree holder or have some experience in a particular field. Usually, it consists of looking for a bit deeper and getting the best applicant for a certain job that is why several firms mainly choose HR specialist, who is specialized in looking, identifying as well as hiring certain employee types. They are also considered as hiring specialists with a keen interest in talent and also possess the ability to perfectly select and fit an employee for a particular job role.
A Day in the life of HR Specialist
The specialists in the HR are a type of person, who works in the organization. Although they could be available in various ways, but they’re more used in highly competitive job markets, which are transforming and growing at a faster pace. They’re usually used in sectors like healthcare, technology, and finance where the key job roles are required to be filled swiftly and with the best candidate.
The HR specialist's job duties are more technical, highly detailed, and very clear and specific. They might hire an individual to work in a firm in various capacities. A particular candidate might work in one department and might receive cross-training to work in other fields too.
The human resources finds a certain kind of employee, who possesses the talents as well as qualifications for a specific job role, many established corporations are utilizing their services more because they don’t want to spend their time training a new recruit. They need an aspirant who is already skilled in the certain areas that are demanded for the open position.
A specialist in HR use several platforms to find the required talent, such as state employment agencies, social media, job boards, employee referral programs, and several other professional associations. While posting job vacancies online, the job description template can be brought in instantly. One can personalize this template in a hassle-free way to optimize the job postings and get the best individuals. This template will also offer details regarding the day-to-day responsibilities.
Job Profile of HR Specialist
The specialists in the human resources are typically responsible for the process of staffing of a company by being a part of the interview as well as the end-to-end recruitment process. They are also required to assess firms' staffing requirements and recruit based on their needs.
Doing a certification program surely improves one’s job profile to be a specialist in this field. A credential holder always raises a bar to achieve the success that one wishes for. One such certification is Senior Talent Management Practitioner (STMP™) which is provided by the global leader in talent management credentialing — Talent Management Institute (TMI).
STMP™ is the one-of-a-kind certification for aspiring individuals who are in their mid-level careers. With this credential, an individual who is looking for opportunities to move upward in their high-demand talent management roles becomes competent in anchoring talent strategies with an aim on the future.
HR Specialist Job Role and Responsibilities
The key job role and responsibilities are:
- To develop and carry out HR plans for the organization
- Build an organization’s policy for talent assessment, benchmarking, and interviews
- Source the right fit individuals and fill the present and available positions in a company
- Anticipate future hiring demands by analyzing the firm’s development
- Manage the entire recruitment process
- Represent the organization at gatherings and events for network building
- Counsel the aspirants regarding salary, company’s perks, and work culture
- Prepare a report on a monthly basis for essential acquisition metrics
HR specialist Requirements and Qualification
The vital prerequisites to be a part of this growing career path are:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or relevant concentrations
- An internationally-recognized HR specialist certification program
- Work experience of specific years as a specialist or similar role in human resources
- Ability and willingness to learn about the position demands
- Understanding and familiarity with Recruitment Marketing
- Quick thinker with problem-solving skills
- Team player with sound time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills